ONLINE JOB APPLICATION
Please read the job descriptions below for your reference. Once you are ready, click this button to post your application.
New Business Development / Outside Sales
This is a challenging yet extremely rewarding position. If you are looking for a fun and lucrative career, want a team that supports you and want to be at your best, read below and apply now!
A Little Background on Us
Established in 2004, we are a family-owned, experienced signs and graphics shop with great ambitions to capture the growing signs and graphics market in Houston. We are looking for someone who can help us grow our business by landing new branding / re-branding projects in the commercial and industrial markets.
Through our expertise in design, fabrication and installation, customer focus, and relationships with our design and manufacturing partners, we help small to mid-size companies implement their branding inside and outside their workspace and in front of their customers, wherever they are!
We believe our customers have great values, do wonderful products and provide amazing services. But in order to shine, they need to be able to communicate their values and their work product inside and outside their companies through branding and advertising. We are the missing link that works together with their marketers, designers, and architects to implement their external branding and communicate those values to the world. Not only that, our internal branding products and services help them attract, engage and retain talent that makes all of this possible for them.
What You Must Have
- 3+ years outside sales experience with a proven sales record
- Experience in sales for a creative agency, printing company, sign shop or interior design firm
- An entrepreneurial mind and a personality that enjoys working on its own. Your inquisitive nature means you love engaging with new people on a daily basis and use these interactions to uncover new leads to build your pipeline
- Ability to quickly shift from the creative aspects of the role to the business aspects (e.g. from discussing design ideas, colors, finishes and sizes to quoting and pricing components). Shifting from discussing the benefits of your solution to taking accurate measurements with a tape measure is fun to you
- A keen eye for colors, ability to see spatially, basic math skills and design skills to offer off-the-cuff quick design ideas
- A deep sense of satisfaction when you make your clients happy. You love your customers and provide them with unmatched service
- Great communication skills. Understanding that great salesmanship requires exceptional listening skills to understand the customer's needs and offer creative and effective solutions that are the best fit for each customer’s space
- Ability to quickly network and build meaningful relationships. You rise to the challenge of your goals seeking ways to exceed them, excited about the earning possibilities. You are dedicated to fully understanding our processes, products and services we provide
- Industry relationships with creative agencies, commercial property managers, architects and interior design firms
- Personal and industry references
Feathers in Your Hat
- Ability to design and show quick concepts to customers
- Experience in coordinating / managing large design projects
- What You Will be Doing
- Always on the go, working directly with business clients to provide them solutions
- Uncovering the right person to engage at a business, usually at the C level or in the Marketing / Design / Operations / Facilities departments
- Continually networking to build your client base and make visits to customer sites
- Handle small design activities, develop quotes, hunt for and uncover new opportunities
- Meet with new clients, follow up with existing clients, and coordinate with in-house designer and production on a regular basis. Coordinate with all actors to make each project successful
What You Are Responsible For
- See your role as a business owner without the overhead of running your own business. Your time will be prioritized but not micromanaged
- Understand and run your business and be able to articulate a business plan to your management team
- Take proactive actions, and produce results
- Team play while building your business and meeting your sales goals on a monthly basis. It takes multiple teammates to ensure a project is well executed and provides an exceptional experience to our customers
What You are Entitled To
- A base salary with unlimited commission potential and incentives that can be lucrative compared to sales positions in other industries
- Mileage reimbursement + company cell phone. Reliable transportation is required for first 3 months; company branded sales vehicle after first 3 months of exceeding sales goals
- Paid time-off and continuous sales and product training
Resources are invested in you and we work together to create a place for you to do great work. If you are the type of person that enjoys a fast-paced environment, has a go-getter sales attitude and an ability to learn quickly, we would like to hear from you!