Gulf Pacific Rice Mills
Gulf Pacific is one of our longstanding clients in the industrial sector. Over the years we have installed several exterior and interior signs for them and the quality of our work and customer service has brought them back to us every time they have a new signs project. Soon after we had installed three custom-designed signs on their rice mill with a highly visible highway (US 290) frontage Gulf Pacific called us with a new request.
To further promote its business Gulf Pacific wanted to implement a new, very large sign in addition to the existing three signs (Harris County allows a maximum of five signs per premise). Gulf Pacific wanted the sign to be:
- consistent with the brand (i.e., harmonious with the existing signs in terms of materials, color, design)
- clean, crisp, and borderless
- high-quality, durable, and cost-effective
Saifee Signs approach
Based on the project goals, Saifee Signs presented Gulf Pacific with several options. After consultations we agreed on X by Y sized pan sign with:
- attention to detail to ensure we did not use visible fasteners that would spoil the clean look
- thick (not standard grade) aluminum as the material of choice for its strength and ability to stand up to extreme weather
Next we were faced with installation that presented its own challenges. The sign was to be affixed on the side of the mill that has a railway line to carry the rice product. This side of the mill also happens to be on the windward side. Then, it being summer, we were faced with unpredictable weather with frequent rainstorms.
Owing to these conditions, we worked closely with the client to schedule the installation in sections so as to
- not disrupt the mill’s rail cart operations
- minimize wind pressure during installation
- avoid days with a high chance of weather development
- custom color matching to match the brand and existing signage